Vanderbilt Cryopreserved Mouse Repository
The Vanderbilt Cryopreserved Mouse Repository (VCMR) contains a unique collection of genetically-modified mice that available for rederivation. All lines have been either generated or modified by Vanderbilt investigators, and are not available in any other repository.
The following factors are considered prior to accepting strains into the VCMR:
- Is the strain of potential value to other researchers?
- If the strain is available elsewhere, has it been modified by changing the genetic background to through intercrossing with other alleles?
- Has the strain been published?
- If the strain is unpublished, is there sufficient documentation and evidence that it functions as desired?
Benefits of the Vanderbilt Cryopreserved Mouse Repository:
- Facilitates compliance with NIH sharing policy
- Serves as an online resource of cryopreserved germplasm at Vanderbilt
- May avoid importing mice from an outside repository